1 and 1/2 cups quick oats
2 ripe, medium-sized bananas
1 small apple, chopped (Fuji, Gala, Honeycrisp, Golden Delicious)
1 cup unsweetened applesauce
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1 teaspoon cinnamon
1/4 cup unsweetened chocolate chips
Optional- desired amount of cinnamon to sprinkle on top of the cookies
1) Preheat oven to 350 degrees and line two cookie sheets with parchment paper.
2) In a large bowl, mash the bananas with a fork until they have a smooth consistency.
3) Add the applesauce, vanilla, cinnamon, and chopped apple to the bananas. Stir until combined.
4) Add the quick oats and stir until the oats are completely moistened.
5) Using a large spoon, or measuring cup, drop the cookie dough onto the cookie sheets. I make my cookies relatively large (approximately 6" in diameter, and 1/4" thick- roughly 8 cookies altogether).
6) Top the cookies with the chocolate chips and raisins. (Push them down a bit with your finger so that they bake into the oatmeal and don't fall off easily after they cool.) Sprinkle lightly with cinnamon (optional).
7) Bake for 35-40 minutes
Yields 8- 6" cookies