In case you haven't noticed, I love all things fall! My daughter and I have been on an Autumn craft kick for a few weeks now (check out our Simple Fall Trees and Laced Pumpkin projects), and we're keeping the ball rolling with this festive apple stamping activity.
Let's Make It!
- poster board
- brown construction paper
- apples (one apple for two paint colors)
- poster or acrylic paint
1) Prepare the bare trees. I cut trunks and branch pieces from brown construction paper and glued them to the poster board. If you prefer, you can print a tree on card stock and allow your child to stamp directly onto the printout. Click HERE for a whole slew of printable tree options.
2) Cut your apples in half. Make sure to cut them as straight as possible, or they won't stamp evenly in the shape of an apple. To make gripping the apple stamps easier for little hands, cut handles into them, as shown below.
3) Pour your paints, dip the apples, and start stamping!
4) When you tot is finished, lay the tree flat to dry.
Whether your child likes to experiment with lots of paint and turning/sliding the apples, or he or she prefers to stamp gently and sporadically, the tree will come out looking unique and wonderful! Stand back and give your tot the opportunity to express his or her creativity and enjoy the learning process. Happy fall!
Linking Up With:
You May Also Like: