If you've got the time, try to include your tot in the baking process. It's a great opportunity for them to practice following directions, develop vocabulary, and just plain have fun spending quality time with you!
1 cup quick oats
1/2 cup milk
1/2 cup whole wheat or white flour (we used whole wheat)
2 and 1/2 tablespoons honey
2 very ripe bananas
1/3 cup applesauce
1 teaspoon vanilla
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1 teaspoon baking powder
1/4 teaspoon cinnamon (optional)
1/2 cup raisins
1) Preheat oven to 350 degrees and line two 12-cup mini muffin tins (or one 12-cup standard sized tin) with cupcake liners OR coat with nonstick cooking spray.
2) In a measuring cup or small bowl, combine oats and milk and let soak for 10 minutes.
3) In a large bowl, mash the bananas and stir in the egg, honey, applesauce, and vanilla.
4) In separate bowl, combine the flour, salt, baking soda, baking powder, and cinnamon.
5) Add the oatmeal mixture to the banana mixture and stir.
6) Add the dry ingredients to the wet, stirring with a rubber spatula until moist.
7) Fold in the raisins.
8) Scoop batter into the muffin tins (3/4 of the way full). Bake mini muffins for 10-12 minutes and standard sides muffins for 15-17 minutes.
Follow me on Facebook and Pinterest for more healthy snack and meal ideas.