The secret to a crispy quesadilla is to use very little oil/butter in the pan. Too much oil makes the quesadilla soggy and droopy. I recommend using about a half a teaspoon to a teaspoon of oil- just enough to coat the bottom of your pan. With the right amount of oil, you’ll end up with a warm, crispy tortilla with golden brown spots.
I hope you enjoy my Chicken and Apple Quesadilla recipe!
1- 9-10” flour tortilla (I used whole wheat.)
1/4 cup grilled chicken, shredded
1/4 cup chopped sweet apple (fuji, gala, honeycrisp)
1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese
1 teaspoon honey
1/2 tablespoon plain yogurt or mayonnaise
1 teaspoon olive oil
1) Prepare your fillings by chopping the apples and cooking the chicken if needed.
2) Melt 1/2- 1 teaspoon of oil or butter in the skillet (Use enough to barely coat the bottom of the pan.) Warm the skillet over medium heat.
3) Place the tortilla into the skillet, and spread on the honey and yogurt. Add the ½ cup of cheese.
4) Add your chicken and apples to HALF of the tortilla. (Spreading the filling over half the quesadilla makes it easier to fold.)
5) When the cheese is melted and there are golden brown spots on the bottom of the tortilla, fold the tortilla in half using a spatula.
6) Remove from the skillet and place on a cutting board or large plate. Use a pizza cutter or a knife to cut the quesadilla into slices.
Follow me on Facebook and Pinterest for more healthy food ideas and recipes!