1) Recognize the blogger who nominated you with a link to their blog.
2) Post the Liebster Award badge on your blog.
3) Write 11 facts about yourself.
4) Nominate 5-11 bloggers (with fewer than 1,000 followers) who you feel deserve the award.
5) Answer the 11 questions posted by the presenter.
6) Write 11 questions for your nominees.
Let's get going!
11 Facts about Me
1) I love peanut butter- plain, right off the spoon.
2) I'm an only child.
3) I prefer silver jewelry over gold.
4) My favorite candies are gummy bears and Reese's Peanut Butter Cups.
5) I once wanted to be an interior decorator.
6) My husband and I went to St. Lucia for our honeymoon. It was the best vacation I've ever taken in my life!
7) I'm a serious perfectionist.
8) My feet are always cold.
9) I know almost every Disney movie song by heart.
10) I love to go wine tasting.
11) My life is simple, which is exactly the way I prefer it. :)
1. What inspired you to start blogging? I had never thought of creating a blog until it was suggested to me by my very best friend. Her name is Johanna, and sometimes I think she knows me better than I know myself! I was constantly sharing photos on Facebook of my daughter making crafts, playing handmade games, or eating an interesting snack. Johanna left a 5 word comment on one of my posts- “You should start a blog!” That’s where it all began! Thanks, love! <3
2. What’s your favourite thing about blogging? My favorite thing about blogging is the freedom to create. It’s so much fun exploring what I love (with who I love) and expressing my thoughts and ideas in any way that I please. What could be better?
3. What’s your favourite song? This is the hardest question. I don’t really have a favorite song because there are way too many to choose from. I like upbeat music that makes me want to dance. My current favorite songs on the radio are Happy by Pharrel Williams and UpTown Funk by Bruno Mars. I’m also a huge fan of 90’s alternative music. Turn on any song by Oasis, Nirvana, Goo Goo Dolls, or 3 Doors Down, and I’m happy as can be!
4. What’s your number 1 travel essential? Technology- hands down! I need to be connected to the world by my tablet or iPhone.
5. What’s your favourite quote? “Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery, today is a gift of God, which is why we call it the present.” (~Bil Keane) Each day is a gift. Live life to the fullest!
6. What’s your favourite blog post that you have written? My favorite post is definitely Frozen Yogurt Snacks for Kids. This was my very first blog entry, and it served as a HUGE motivation for me to continue blogging. The positive feedback I received from my friends and family was overwhelming. Snackin’ on Yogurt gave me the assurance that blogging was something I was meant to do.
7. Where’s your favourite place to shop & why? I love shopping for clothes at Kohl’s. I’ve been known to spend 3+ hours roaming the store, trying on dozens of outfits, and deciding which 3 (wait... 5... no…10) items to buy, Plus, you can’t go wrong when you’ve got a 30% off coupon, a free $5 reward, and $10+ in Kohl’s cash!
8. What’s your favourite fashion item? My favorite fashion item is my jean jacket, simply because it's comfy and goes with everything. Slip it on over a tank with some leggings, or pair it with a maxi dress and some cute sandals and you’re good to go!
9. Tell us something we will be surprised to learn! I love greyhounds. I’m the fundraising coordinator of a local greyhound rescue. We work to find loving homes for dogs that are retiring from track racing.
10. If you won £1,000,000 what’s the first thing you would do? The first thing I would do is share the wealth! I’m passing a few of those dollars over to my mom and dad, in-laws, and to my closest friends. After that, I’ll put some in a college fund for my daughter, and then my hubby and I will buy a bigger house with a nice in ground pool in the back yard.
11. Give one piece of parenting advice to fellow mums. My advice is to take advantage of help when offered. Instead of bending in a million directions, allow someone to lend a hand where you need it—especially when you have a newborn. Accepting help from family and friends relieves built up anxiety or stress, which will make you a more focused and happy parent! J
1) Parental Journey
2) Mom Fluff
3) Rhythms of Play
4) Rock It Like A Mom
5) Parenting in Motion
6) Why Moms
7) Mom the Magnificent
8) Mudpie Fridays
1. How did you decide on the title of your blog?
2. Do you have any pets? Tell us about them.
3. What does your dream house look like?
4. Do you have a significant other? How did you meet?
5. How do you unwind after a difficult day?
6. What is your favorite travel destination?
7. What is your favorite book?
8. Describe one of your happiest childhood memories.
9. If you had three wishes, what would they be?
10. Where do you see yourself in 5 years from now?
11. What is your favorite restaurant?
Please keep in touch if you decide to accept the award. I’m excited to read and share your post!